Frequent consumption of soft drinks is a common cause of tooth decay. These drinks contain high concentrations of sugar, phosphoric acid and citric acid, which can cause damage to tooth structure. Individuals who sip on soft drinks throughout the day often have a high incidence of tooth decay because their teeth stay coated with the sugar and acid for long periods of time. The best way to prevent soft drink tooth decay is to limit the frequency of soft drink consumption and brush your teeth or swish vigorously with water after consuming a soft drink. If you frequently consume soft drinks, you are at high risk for tooth decay. Please call to schedule a dental exam. We can restore your teeth and help you keep them for a lifetime.